You are here
- Leading 3PL Business
- Peterborough Based - Monday To Friday Position
About Our Client
My client are a leading 3PL based in Peterborough. Due to internal progression they're looking for a dynamic and outgoing Operations Manager to join their already successful team.
As an Operations Manager, you will play a critical role in the management, control and direction of Outbound, Inbound or Reverse Logistics area of Operations. With expansion plans for later next year, the business are looking for Operations Managers with drive to become an integral part of the management structure.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Reporting directly to the General Manager
- Lead and develop a team of over 150 with a management structure underneath
- Maintain health and safety standards within area and promote a positive health and safety culture on site.
- Overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of site operations functions, including full accountability for setting and achieving operational goals, strategic planning, analysis and forecasting.
- Ensure process improvements by using LEAN / Six Sigma / Kaizen methodologies to enhance our productivity and make our customer experience better than ever.
- Lead and be apart of larger processes and activities within the departments, i.e. 5s audits, alignment with Standard Work procedures across the network.
- Continuously measure and evaluate the departmental goals and all work processes, available daily labour and daily distribution goals and hourly progress towards these goals. Manage and report KPI analysis daily.
Hours of work will be:
Monday - Friday
08:00 - 17:00
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate the following skills and will have the following experience:
- Have a Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain Background
- Have worked in a Warehousing environment for 5+ years
- Have previously managed teams of 100+ for more than 2 years
- Have worked in a large operation previously (200,000 sq. ft.+)
- Be able to understand budgets and have had P&L exposure
- Be well organised and efficient in process management
- Commutable to Peterborough
What's on Offer
The position of Operations Manager based in Peterborough offers;
Salary - £40,000 to £45,000
+ Car & Benefits