You are here
- Leading UK Based 3PL
- Norfolk Based / Monday To Friday Role
About Our Client
A new position has been created within a leading 3PL environment on an exciting and long standing contract. The company prides themselves on being an enjoyable and rewarding place to work whilst offering huge opportunities to progress within their networks.
They are looking for a dedicated and driven individual to take the operation to the next level. If you feel you're capable of managing a Warehousing and Transport operation within Norfolk, for a forward thinking client, please see the full information around the role below!
The role of Operations Manager will involve the successful individual to ensure they are:
- Providing a safe working environment by working with the DC & Logistics Supervisory Team, and Health & Safety Manager to ensure year on year improvement in all relevant KPIs and embedding the behavioural safety program.
- Ensuring the Distribution & Logistics function support the UK & Ireland Region by delivering monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets (open orders).
- Ensuring the UK Distribution and Logistics function is effective in supporting a multi-channel environment that includes Online Fulfilment, Retail (Free-Standing Store Model) and Wholesale distribution, with particular focus on delivering an omni-channel experience.
- Meeting financial and productivity objectives by scheduling expenditures, analysing variances, initiating corrective actions.
- Identify and deliver cost saving opportunities.
- Managing capability levels and talent management processes through recruitment, training and performance management.
- Ensure all HR and Health & Safety policies and procedures are communicated, understood and adopted.
- Compiling, tracking and reviewing KPI suite for the Distribution & Logistics function.
- Maintaining physical layout and condition of warehouse planning and implement new design flows, inspect equipment, issue work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- The accurate physical counting and recording of inventory, identifying trends and implementing procedures to minimise loss / exposure within agreed targets.
- The timely execution of New Launch and Event fulfilment activity to meet internal and in store deadlines.
- Be commutable to Norfolk
The Successful Applicant
The successful individual for the Operations Manager role will require them to have the following skills and experiences:
- Have worked in a Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain environment
- Have managed in excess of 25+ staff previously
- Experienced across Warehousing and Transport functions
- Proven leadership skills in an operational environment, with a proactive attitude.
- Knowledge of WMS systems
- Strong communication and negotiation skills and be able to work with many stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Strong financial and cost management skills.
- Creativity and innovation.
- Ability to identify and cultivate essential skills and attributes to maximise individual contribution and engagement.
- Ambition and the desire to progress and build a career within a major international company.
What's on Offer
The position of Operations Manager offers:
Salary - £27,000 - £32,000 +