You are here
- Fantastic Operations Manager role with leading FTSE 250 company.
- Opportunity to develop site culture and drive continuous improvement.
About Our Client
Berendsen is Europe's leading textile service business, developing and delivering value-added textile, hygiene and safety solutions within Hospitality, Healthcare, Workwear and Facilities. They engage and partner with more than 150,000 customers in 16 countries across Europe. They are s FTSE250 company and in the UK they have over 9,000 employees working at 60 sites, making them a major UK employer. The business focuses on innovation and is constantly developing new products and services to better serve the changing needs of its customers and their industries in all sectors of the economy.
The Operations Manager will lead, manage and continually improve production process and engineering teams, built on LEAN principles, in the achievement of functional objectives that support the Plant and Company Business/Improvement Plan for the Portsmouth site. Work closely with the engineering, service and logistics teams to continuously improve site overall effectiveness ensuring utilisation of production facilities, people development/engagement and a lean culture. Responsibilities:
- To ensure that the company's vision, values and policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure the production/engineering departments comply with Group and plant Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with quality standards and requirements, analysing the results and ensuring corrective action is implemented to continuously improve the working environment.
- Effectively plan, organise and coordinate resources to meet the production requirements of laundering all pieces on time in full (OTIF) and to the specifications within the client contracts.
- Run continuous improvement discussions/forums and quality circles to investigate and analyse all production related issues and to ensure ongoing continuous improvement.
- Develop, propose and agree functional budgets with General Manager, monitoring, managing and controlling all activities in accordance with the agreed functional budget, investigating and resolving any variances.
- Work with the GM to develop strategic plans for all operational activity and capital requests.
- Lead, manage, control and develop all employees (including SOM, absence, performance management, grievances and Health and Safety Training) using SMART objectives during regular review and feedback meetings.
- Ensure productivity, cost effectiveness, quality and service in the production process of all lines.
- Liaise and work with other departments to ensure any issues are resolved as quickly as possible.
- Liaise with customers where appropriate to ensure service commitments are realised and keep in contact with the service teams to update on issues and agree corrective actions as required.
- Generate and analyse reports/KPIs making recommendations on trends, improvements and corrective actions to achieve and enhance operational excellence.
- Contribute to the reduction of impact to the environment e.g. energy usage.
- Deputise for GM in their absence.
The Successful Applicant
- Proven knowledge within production, supply chain and /or service management as a Production/Operations Manager.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent and/or a proven track record from a lean manufacturing and production / process industry
- Knowledge of implementing continuous improvement programmes.
- Knowledge of Lean (Six Sigma) methodologies.
- NEBOSH certificate or country equivalent qualification.
- IT skills (email, all MS Office software including Project and PowerPoint).
- Excellent communicator with first hand direct people management knowledge.
- Can listen to and influence peer group and department team members to build and lead effective working teams. Knowledge of leading, motivating and recruiting a high performance team.
- Proactive customer focused approach to service delivery.
- Can plan, organise and implement through team work and delegation.
- Financial knowledge covering budgeting forecasting.
- Good analytical skills.
- Good written and verbal skills.
- ERP systems (AX preferred).
- Good attention to details and the can analyse data and interpret the information effectively to continuously improve the department and/or team.
What's on Offer
£40,000 - £45,000 + Benefits