You are here
- Excellent man management skills required
- A leading logistics service provider
About Our Client
Our client is a leading logistics service provider.
As the Operations Manager you will report to the Branch General Manager and will manage the resources and work processes of the branch effectively and efficiently to ensure the contractual obligations to customers are achieved. You will be responsible for continually monitoring and improving service levels, productivity, profitability and security of all departments within Company guidelines. Further responsibilities will include:
- Work with the Branch General Manager to resolve problems/issues that are critical to the smooth working of the branch
- Optimise resources to maximise profit and improve service levels.
- Through the use of Key Performance Indicators (KPI), draws up service level trends, analyses and takes action to improve where/when necessary.
- Make recommendations for improvements and implements change where appropriate.
- Work with the whole Branch Management team to ensure that all operational and management activities relating to the smooth working of the branch are covered.
- Analyse and recommend training for department's staff and monitors effectiveness in the workplace.
- Use appropriate coaching techniques to help staff learn and develop.
- Deal with disciplinary matters, in line with Company policy.
- Maintain effective working relationship with Trade Union/Staff Representative/s.
- Liaise with the customers and customer support concerning day to day operational activities and taking appropriate action as and when necessary.
- Implement the Company's Health and Safety policy, conducts risk assessments and recommends improvements where necessary.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Operations Manager will be live within a commuting distance of Enfield and be able to demonstrate the following experience:
- Experience within a fast paced multi-drop/multi-route logistics environment is preferred.
- Proven excellent management / people skill examples.
- Profit & Loss management experience.
- Proven experience in a customer service driven logistics environment.
- People management within a Trade Union environment.
- A CPC qualification would be advantageous.
What's on Offer
A competitive salary and package is on offer for the successful candidate.