You are here
This position is now filled
- Experience of packaging within FMCG environment, ideally in cosmetics industry
- Experience needed of carrying out line trials
About Our Client
My client are a leading FMCG brand within the cosmetics industry, with a global reach and manufacture products for some of the leading brands. This is based at one of their flagship sites in Kent, they are a business that are doing very well despite challenging market conditions, having recently gone through a large merger they are now one of the worlds leading companies in their industry.
The key responsibilities for the Packaging Technologist role will be:
- Ensure that all projects are progressed and results are documented in accordance with the requirements of Technical Readiness and results attached to the product dossier.
- Identify the need for, and manage the execution of, Line Trials
- Ensure that all the factory requirements are satisfied on completion of a final line trial.
- Support all areas within the factory to achieve common goals (OEE / TAL etc).
- Ensure that Logistics data is available, accurate and on time and that actions that are agreed with central coding are acted upon.
- Work with Packaging Concept Development (PCD) team to ensure a smooth hand over within the gate process.
- Work with customers to progress project tasks & attain (Marketing) approvals where required.
- Manage projects using current (& future) project management tools & trackers, including an acute awareness of project budgets / spend.
- Be a technical expert to business customers & partners.
- Support other team members as & when resource flex is required.
- Manage, & be accountable for, the delivery of non-MAF projects.
- Ensure that the defined testing & approval procedures are followed, and that any deviations are agreed with TPD Manager.
- Ensure defined quality boundaries are agreed on new projects.
- Approve drawings & artworks; compile & issue component & finish good specifications.
- Ensure complaince with European Directive for Environment compliance on packaging.
- To provide support for on-going management of documentation within TPD including the documentation of process improvement.
- To support finished goods and components post launch phase until obsolescence including providing feedback to packaging Technologists on ongoing performance issues in order to apply learning on forward developments, support quality engineers in investigation and resolution of line issues where TPD support is required to challenge current specifications, provide support to for cross value stream projects to include ancillary packaging changes and to support procurement in ongoing supplier management including resourcing.
- To support the running of the TPD laboratory within the framework of Health & Safety and Hygiene. This will include the management of any individual entering the laboratory to include the Packaging Technologists and nay subcontractors, service engineers.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate for the Packaging Technologist role will have the following background:
- Industry experience (minimum 2 years Cosmetic / Beauty).
- Ideally educated to Degree/HNC/IOP packaging diploma level.
- Demonstrates experience in the technologies typically used
- Knowledge of the factors that support the wider factory goals for safety, quality and OEE.
- Excellent project management skills.
- A clear & concise communicator
- Able to negotiate and influence others.
- Is logical, pragmatic & process driven.
- Able to demonstrate a clear analytical approach to problem solving.
- Demonstrates a competent level of knowledge of the technologies used by our suppliers in the manufacture of cosmetic components.
- Good knowledge of injection moulding tooling, its construction and limitations.
- Demonstrates a competent level of knowledge of all printing processes used within the cosmetics industry.
- Demonstrates a competent level of knowledge of the impact of packaging design
- Have experience in or have knowledge of machinery used in the filling of cosmetic components
- Advanced level of Word, Excel and MS Project knowledge
What's on Offer
The successful candidate for the Packaging Technologist will be offered Â£30,000 - Â£33,000 + package.