You are here
This position is now filled
Paint Application Engineer
- An opportunity to join a reputable Tier 1 Automotive supplier
- Very competative salary offered for the right candidate
About Our Client
The business is a Tier 1 Automotive supplier, providing components to some of the biggest OEM's in the world. The site in North Yorkshire turns over Â£80 million per year and employs over 350 members of staff.
- The operation, control and management of the paint application equipment to SQDCME objectives on a recognized shift system.
- Carry out vehicle inspections post paint application and react accordingly to drive quality improvement of the painted body condition, measured paint film thickness and the paint appearance.
- Monitoring the condition of the paint application equipment and react to any relevant control system alarms.
- Clean and maintain the application equipment to a very high standard.
- Carry out preventative maintenance schedules on the paint application equipment covering ( mechanical & pneumatic functions and fluid delivery systems )
- Repair and replace paint application equipment parts as required to keep the equipment in good working order.
- Support production process leaders in the delivery of volume and quality targets.
- Identify and implement ideas that offer opportunities for paint and solvent savings & waste reduction.
- Support shift working patterns necessary to control, and maintain the application equipment
- Support the scheduled TPM - PM & CM maintenance of the paint application equipment and production overtime.
- Identify potential application issues whether they be process or application equipment related and highlight possible actions that might resolve those issues and execute these actions in a controlled manner.
The Successful Applicant
- A proven ability to control and improve processes and procedures would be advantageous as would any evidence of previous work based activities which would help to illustrate this point.
- Previous experience of paint application processes or techniques would be a distinct advantage and is preferable.
- Knowledge of mechanical, pneumatic and fluid delivery systems, within the painting industry is preferable.
- Good written and oral communication skills are essential
- Someone with a good attention to detail who is highly motivated are qualities that would be valuable in the role.
- Time served tradesmen with either an electrical or mechanical maintenance background would be preferable but not essential
- PC skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications would be a distinct advantage.
What's on Offer