You are here
Part Time Business Manager
Part time Business Manager
About Our Client
Well established, ambitious and innovative business services client.
Description of Role
The successful candidate will assume individual responsibility for the management of the firm's admin team currently comprising of 1 IT Manager, 2 receptionists, 1 Accounts Clerk and 2 office juniors.
In addition to the specific tasks and roles described below the Business Manager will:-
- Contribute ideas about the strategic direction in improving the day to day operations of the firm and discuss these with the Managing Director;
- Supervise and coach all those reporting directly to him/her on a day to day basis.Financial Management
- Manage the accounting function, invoicing, credit control etc
- Book-keeping/accounting entries into the computerised system
- Bank reconciliations
- Control account reconciliations
- VAT: record keeping; returns; payments
- Invoicing & billing maintenance
- Credit control
- Cashflow management
- Payroll payments
- Supplier payments
- PAYE/NIC payments and record keeping
- Auto Enrolment
- Manage the time-control software and ensure it is used correctly by employees. This will include interrogating on a regular basis the recoverability of WIP to ensure accurate records are maintained and included within the firm's management accounts.
- Prepare monthly management accounts, budgets and cashflow forecasts and report to the Directors.
- Monitor Key Performance Indicators and financial trends and report to the Directors.
- Ensure that there are appropriate internal financial controls operating within the business.
- Liaise with the firm's Bankers as required.
- Liaise with the firm's Accountants as required and provide all information required for the preparation of the annual accounts.Human Resource Management
- Manage all personnel files to include inductions, contracts, grievances, disciplinary and absences (either ill health or holidays) whilst ensuring appropriate cover at all times.
- Manage recruitment including identification of role vacancies, preparation of job descriptions, advertising and interviewing and assessing candidates.
- Maintaining continuous professional development and training records.
- Contributing to and managing staff social activities.
- Ensuring compliance with Employment Law and Health & Safety Legislation.
- Ensuring up to date records are kept of the firm's staff databases.
- Marketing, Client Care and Business Development
- Administer client feedback surveys and collate/report the results to the Directors and firm.
- Assist with training, systems and procedures to ensure the firm delivers excellent client care.
- Based on the Directors' marketing strategy and action plan prepare, agree and control a marketing budget. Evaluate and report the effectiveness of marketing activities.
The Successful Applicant
Overview of Desirable Qualities, Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Prior experience as Business Manager or equivalent role within a similar firm/company.
- Willing and able to work as part of a team whilst accepting individual responsibility and ownership of tasks.
- Confident and enthusiastic - prepared to put forward ideas and give constructive advice.
- High achiever capable of delivering the firm's ambitious targets.
- Pays attention to detail - able to forensically analyse all assumptions. An excellent statistician/forensic accountant.
- Able to generate and implement key performance indicators and ideas.
- Qualified accountant.
What's on Offer