You are here
This position is now filled
PART TIME Media Officer
- Work for an International Christian Charity dedicated to reducing world poverty
- Raise the Charity's profile, achieving quality media, print and online coverage
About Our Client
This Christian Charity is dedicated to seeing 50 million people released from material and spiritual poverty through a worldwide network of 100,000 local churches around the world
- To attend corporate weekly Staff Prayers on Wednesdays, to hear of Charity's work and to spend time in prayer and worship together.
- To lead or participate in spiritual sessions of prayer and biblical reflection within the Team
- Be committed to the Charity's Missions, Values and Beliefs statement.
- To be committed to actively working and living in accordance with the Charity's Christian beliefs.
- Responsible for maintaining your own spiritual development.
- Devising and executing media relations and PR campaigns.
- Developing and sharing expertise in digital PR strategies and tactics
- Proactively seeking coverage in mainstream and Christian media and in digital channels
- Writing and placing news items and features to tight deadlines, both for Christian and mainstream media.
- Communicating the Charity's key messages through media and PR channels, through both old and new media.
The Successful Applicant
Skills and Experience;
- Experience in journalism, PR or press office
- Experience of working on digital media projects
- Experience of working to deadlines
- News and feature-writing ability
- Writing for the web
- Interviewing skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to work with people at all levels
- Ability to work under pressure
- Experience of working in a faith based environment
What's on Offer
Part time - Job Share 19hrs per week
Â£15,619 pro rata
(Full time salary equivalent: Â£28, 772 )