You are here
Part Time Senior Communications Officer
- An excellent opportunity for a part-time Communications Officer
- Working 18.5 hours a week in a busy public sector enviroment
About Our Client
My client is a leading local government organisation
The Part-time Senior Communications Officer will have the following responsibilities;
- Working closely with the Strategic Communications Lead to promote the relationship with the local, regional and national media, generating positive publicity for the council, responding promptly to incoming enquiries, co-ordinating interviews and developing positive working relationships with them.
- Proactively map key events/milestones for the Council and identify opportunities to publicise/market these events/milestones using appropriate media (e.g. publications, trade events, speaking opportunities, social media.)
- Working with the Communications Officer to develop and drive social media activity, building online communities, creating interest and audience engagement.
- Producing, editing, maintaining and monitoring all relevant areas of site content and copy.
- Support the corporate internal communications activities through written and electronic channels. This includes producing copy for internal publications, sending messages via email and providing corporate material for the staff intranet where appropriate.
- Maintain and develop style guides and toolkits to enable managers to promote a consistent corporate identity.
The Successful Applicant
The Part-time Senior Communications Officer should have the following skillset;
- A Strong background in PR and marketing
- Experience of working in a busy press office
- Ability to effectively brief key external contractors in relation to communications activities
- A knowledge of all media platforms / communication channels and how to best utilise them
- ability to successfully manage events
- Ability to disseminate complex information for external and internal publicity
- Excellent, persuasive and influential written and oral communication skills
What's on Offer
My client is offering the Part-time Senior Communications Officer a salary of between £16ph-£20ph for 18.5 hours per week. The role will be on a rolling 3 month contract