You are here
Payroll and Benefits Manager
£40,000 - £45,000
- Payroll and Benefit Manager
- Central London - Financial Services
About Our Client
Well-known financial services company based in Central London.
- Team management - Direct and indirect reports.
- Management of the payroll workload
- Flexible approach to improving procedures and policies
- Cyclical reviews of the current payroll processes, identifying efficiencies and opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Ensure appropriate audit controls are in place throughout the payroll process. Review regularly and update and improve where necessary.
- Manage Tax year end and Start of Year activity ensuring compliance with HMRC to ensure the organisation have no exposure to potential fines. This includes P60s, P11d and PSA submission.
- Responsibility for the loans (personal & season ticket) process, including reconciliation and bad debt management.
- First point of contact for all tax /NI related questions from senior members of staff.
- Manage the benefits scheme (Benefits+), including the relationship with administrators of the scheme.
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant will be an enthusiastic, highly motivated, flexible team player with;
- Experience of running a payroll end to end
- Experience of Benefits administration
- Hold a recognised Payroll qualification, preferably CIPP
- Experience of working in a Payroll and/ or HR environment
- Experience of working with external clients such as HMRC, Benefit providers.
- A thorough understanding of the statutory maternity and sickness guidelines.
- Up to date knowledge of HMRC legislation
- Up to date Employment Law legislation including Sickness and Maternity
- Proven managerial experience, including organisational skills and the ability to motivate staff
- An understanding of career average pension would be desirable
What's on Offer
This role is paying up to £45k+ attractive benefits package