You are here
This position is now filled
- Provide high quality pension's law and litigation advice
- Work collaboratively as part of a large team of lawyers
About Our Client
A Governmental regulatory body
Reporting into the Senior Counsel you will be responsible for the following work:
- Provide legal advice in answer to complex compliance enquiries from internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide legal advice on statutory enforcement powers and the use of those powers in litigation.
- Prepare cases for Determinations Panel, First Tier and Upper Tribunals, Administrative Court, Criminal Courts or other appellate courts and provide advocacy as necessary.
- Provide high quality robust legal advice predominantly in relation to pensions legislation which will include interpretive advice on novel and existing legislation provisions, the development of policies, proposed legislation, industry focused guidance, codes of practice and reviewing external communications.
- Advise on the use of regulatory enforcement powers and related procedures.
- Provide specialist advice, knowledge management and training to additional business units on individual specialisms (including public law, civil enforcement, criminal law, judicial review, Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information legislation).
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate is likely to be a qualified lawyer with the following experience:
- Experience in civil litigation, including advocacy.
- Experience of public law.
- Experience in instructing outside Counsel
- Experience of legal risk mitigation strategies.
- Experience of regulatory impact on industry.
- Relevant legal knowledge Pensions Act 2004, Pensions Act 2008 and related subordinate legislation.
What's on Offer
This role will pay a basic salary of up to Â£75,000 + excellent benefits package + discretionary bonus + the possibility of a flexible working arrangement.