You are here
Personal Tax Assistant Manager - Top 20 Practice London
- Sports and Entertainment, Charities, and Not for Profit Clients, and HNWIs
- Must be CTA qualified
About Our Client
This opportunity sits within the personal tax team of a top 20 accountancy practice with multiple offices and a national presence across the UK. Working with a diverse client base including sports and entertainment, charities, not for profit clients and wealthy individuals, the business provides a wide ranging but personalised business and tax advisory service.
Development is hugely important to the practice, as demonstrated by their Investors in People accreditation. Training and development opportunities are provided for all staff at all levels. the firm has also been credited as one of the UK's top employers on numerous occasions.
This is a challenging and interesting role which will give you exposure to a wide range of clients, often working to tight deadlines. The mix of work in the group is varied and consists of both UK resident and non-resident individuals, non-domiciled individuals, partnerships, trusts and landed estates.
The range of work includes:
- Managing a portfolio if high-profile clients
- Preparation and review of self-assessment returns
- ATED/NRCGT returns
- Tax computations
- Assisting with planning and all related aspects of looking after the complex tax affairs of a variety of high net worth private clients.
The role provides an excellent range of challenging work for someone with a solid tax background wishing to broaden their experience and advance their career.
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant will require:
- Relevant experience in personal tax within general practice, preferably in a mid tier firm environment
- CTA qualification & educated up to A level with an excellent academic record
- Confidence in dealing with managers, partners and clients
- The ability to use their own initiative and to problem solve
- A natural team player
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Commitment to a career in tax
- Specific experience of dealing with residence and domicile (including the remittance basis) is highly desirable as well as experience of trusts, partnerships and employment taxes
What's on Offer
- Competitive annual salary depending upon experience.
- Assistant Managers will be included in the discretionary bonus scheme.
- Flexible holidays: opportunity to buy or sell up to five days holiday a year
- Top 20 accounting practice