You are here
Personal Tax Supervisor
London Bridge, Top 20 practice
Excellent progression and client exposure
About Our Client
This role sits in the Private Client tax team of a top 20 firm of chartered accountants and business advisors based in London Bridge. With expertise across personal tax, corporate tax, VAT, Employment Tax, accountancy and finance, their portfolio of clients is broad ranging across large, listed corporates and SMEs to individuals, their families and their businesses. They offer clients a high level of partner involvement, together with the combined knowledge and experience of an established, close-knit team.
As Personal Tax Supervisor you will:
- Liaise with clients in writing, via telephone and in face-to-face meetings.
- Liaise with third parties, including HM Revenue and Customs, brokers, banks, and solicitors.
- Advisory work provided on an ad hoc basis in connection with various tax issues such as non-doms, owner managed businesses, Capital Gains Tax and Inheritance Tax planning.
- Work on HMRC investigations.
- Supervision of secondees and junior staff, including training/mentoring, delegating and reviewing work.
- Preparing bills for clients and liaising with managers and partners to discuss WIP/bills.
- Other admin duties to assist in the smooth running of the team.
The Successful Applicant
- Good academics
- CTA or ACA qualified
- Able to communicate effectively with clients and third parties, both verbally and in writing
- Experience working as a Personal Tax Senior or Personal Tax Supervisor in an accountancy practice
- Common sense and sound professional judgement
- High degree of accuracy and able to work to deadlines
- Team player
- Able to cope with the pressure of high and varying workloads
- Able to communicate effectively with other members of the team, senior managers and partners
What's on Offer
- £35,000 - £50,000 depending on experience
- Tax Supervisor role
- Excellent Benefits
- City of London
- Top 20 accountancy practice
- Progression in a supportive environment