You are here
This position is now filled
Pharmacy Buyer - South London
- Looking for an experienced Pharmacy Buyer in South West London
- Buyer for a fantastic national brand
About Our Client
My client in Greater London are Large business who are friendly, welcoming and make everyone feel that they are part of the team who are rapidly expanding hence the need for another Buyer to join their team.
The role as Pharmacy Buyer - South London is within the Retail sector and will require you to understanding customer needs, identify and source new products and review existing to ensure commercially viable range of products that provide the customer with quality and value, whilst maintaining competitiveness and driving sales and profitability and overall commercial strategy.
- Maximise pharmacy and healthcare margin through effective negotiations with suppliers and wholesalers, buy in margin management, reducing owings, leakage and ensuring each pharmacy's profitability is maximised
- Produce margin and income forecasts (across products and services) and projections and drive activity to ensure that year end ebit targets are exceeded
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to develop and implement marketing promotion plans and strategies that are relevant to category; adhere to legislation and brand guidelines'; and clearly and effectively communicate with the customer, driving loyalty, footfall and profitable sales.
- Work with Own Brand team to develop and deliver Own Brand products/ranges that deliver increased participation and loyalty and meet agreed strategy and plans.
- Working in partnership with the wholesalers and operation team to, agree stock strategy that drives and delivers right stock to the right store; ensuring availability in store; and control stock (fast or slow moving).
- Identify and implement new product / service opportunities that are competitively priced, differentiate the brand, commercially viable and meet customer needs, driving sales and profitability.
- Develop effective internal working relationships with cross functional team members to support and enhance category objectives and performance
- Develop build and maintain effective external relationships to enhance the business proposition and meet customer needs.
- Adopt appropriate negotiation strategies to attain the best terms for the category and the business.
- Take ownership of cross functional implementation, focusing on driving sales and stock management, resulting in an acceleration or ability to drive change and grow sales.
- Category expert - utilise and continually develop knowledge in category products, competitors and market activity to deliver increased category performance objectives
- Manage and deliver projects as and when required.
- Take responsibility for own personal and professional development.
The Successful Applicant
Person Specification for the Pharmacy Buyer - South London would require;
- Commercially sound with excellent ability to understand and interpret market information
- Previous experience within buying Pharmaceutical products
- Customer Focused
- Strong analytical skills. Numerical.
- Ability to influence at all levels
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Project Management - planning and organisation skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills: written and verbal, including presentations
- Problem Solver
- Confident and Energetic
- Adaptable and flexible in approach
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadline
- Team player
- Good PC and software skills
What's on Offer
Â£Compeitive + excellent package