You are here
Planner - Civil Engineering
Leading Infrastructure contractor
Large civil engineering framework
About Our Client
Top 5 infrastructure contractor who operate in sectors such as utilities, civil engineering, construction and rail who have recently secured contracts across these sectors.
Our client are looking for a planner to work on civil engineering & highways projects based out of offices in the Midlands
Key Responsibilities include:
-To manage the planning, programming and progress control as an integral member of the management team, responsible for all aspects of project planning, programming and progress monitoring, including information flow, procurement, and site works.
- To liaise with clients, designers, subcontractors, suppliers and local authorities and undertakings on all matters relating to planning and programming.
- Ensuring the production of fully integrated programmes in the format required by the customer and project team that includes design, procurement, consents, construction and commissioning.
- Appraisal and co-ordination of all subcontractors' programmes.
-To prepare and present reports on programme and progress on all aspects of the project, and to attend and contribute to site meetings and other associated meetings.
- Update progress and production of variance reports as required including critical path and mitigation proposals.
- Assist in the management of change in regards of impact on programmes and progress.
- To prepare comprehensive site layouts sequences and prepare presentations as necessary. - Working collaboratively and openly with the delivery team in the production and reporting of the programme and maintaining a good working relationship with them.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Degree (desirable) / HND (minimum) in Civil Engineering
- CSCS card required
- Extensive experience of the civil engineering industry
- Proficiency in Primavera P6 essential
- Experience of programme submissions and updating to NEC requirements..
- Effective Writing skills
- Knowledge of Project Controls including earned value and schedule risk analysis is desirable.
-Experience of working within a collaborative environment
-Must be able to work to a high level independently.
What's on Offer
£40000 to £50000 + car or car allowance + pension + healthcare