You are here
Policy Advisor (Cyber Crime)
City of London
- Major UK membership association
- Policy, regualtion, public affairs, financial services policy, cyber
About Our Client
Major UK membership association
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for Policy Advisor (Cyber Crime) to join a membership association. You will:
- Research and build an expert understanding of the policy and regulatory environment effecting cyber.
- Formulate and communicate persuasive policy positions, supported by robust evidence for the benefit of the industry and consumers.
- Lead and contribute to policy development work with groups of members including facilitating meetings for the Committee, Working Group and other member groups as required.
- Advance and monitor the changing public policy issues that emerge as the UK cyber market grows and develops, bringing increased political and regulatory attention.
- Develop an effective industry response, both proactively and reactively, to reputational challenges facing the cyber and specialist markets, including managing the industry's response to major incidents such as a significant data breach or terrorist attack in a popular tourist destination
The Successful Applicant
You will have:
- Strong ability to develop an understanding of new and nascent policy areas with attention to detail and the capacity to influence and understand complex policy environments.
- Interest in understanding how businesses and markets work, and how they are regulated.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to think strategically, tactically and creatively.
- Good interpersonal skills and a proactive approach to managing relationships with members.
- Excellent lobbying skills, including the ability to influence senior people in member firms, Government, regulators and elsewhere.
What's on Offer
Competitive and with great benefits