You are here
Policy Manager (Resolution - Banking)
- Central Bank
- Purdential policy, resolution policy, banking policy
About Our Client
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for Policy Manager (Resolution - Banking).The role will involve the preparation of analytical papers, briefing notes, and presentations regarding the development of resolution policy. A key focus will be on the development of policy in relation to the restructuring of firms. The jobholder would be expected to develop technical advice in relation to the financial, operational and other demands of a major corporate restructuring, and how those demands can be articulated into a policy approach which ensures that authorities and firms are prepared for the necessary restructuring post-resolution. This may include the further development of policy in relation to the Bank's powers to address barriers to resolution and to set Minimum Requirements for own funds and Eligible Liabilities
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will:
- Ideally, have some commercial experience and an understanding of the challenges involved in prudential banking.
- Have a passion for learning and for public policy.
- Possess strong stakeholder management skills, including an ability to engage effectively with international counterparts and a willingness to travel as necessary.
- Be a strong communicator. In particular, be able to present complex arguments in writing and in person using plain English, and appreciate the need to tailor points to audience.
- Be able to work flexibility, autonomously, and co-operatively in a collaborative team environment.
- Where necessary, be able to deliver quality written outputs to short deadlines and be willing to work flexibly.
- Have a good basic understanding of the functioning of financial markets and banks whose failure could be potentially systemic.
What's on Offer
£50,000 - £70,000 PA DOE plus excellent benefits