You are here
- Governance and monitoring of a Portfolio of Projects.
- Tracking and reporting on a Portfolio of Projects
About Our Client
A major London based regulator.
Programme Office is responsible for managing and delivering the Bank's programme and project portfolio, in line with the Bank's strategic priorities. The division provides the following two key services to the Bank;
- a pool of professional project resources working across the Bank's business areas
- a Portfolio Office that provides support to them, in the form of methodology, development and advice, and to the top of the Bank, in terms of regular monitoring, reporting and oversight.
The Portfolio Office is a key part of the Division and has responsibility for the Bank's project and programme governance framework and policies including project portfolio monitoring and reporting, and the project/programme management methodologies. This is a small team which provides a broad and valuable service - each member of the team has a specialist role, but also works closely with the business as a contact for the function, gaining an in-depth knowledge of change initiatives in the business context.
The Successful Applicant
Whilst the Portfolio Analyst will report to the Portfolio Manager on a day to day basis, they will have responsibility for the oversight and monitoring of programme and project delivery across the Bank, enabling them to perform accurate and timely portfolio analysis; which will allowing them to identify and investigate trends, as well an articulate and present impacts of external and internal organisational changes or developments on the portfolio.
The role will be responsible for the continuous development and presentation of regular reporting and analysis to Assessment Board, Investment Portfolio Advisory Group, Portfolio Delivery Board and Investment Board, the governance bodies responsible for defining, approving and monitoring change initiatives within the Bank; but additionally will take the lead in developing packs alongside senior management for updates to EDCo, Court and ARCo etc.
The Portfolio Analyst will also be instrumental in contributing to the maturity model for the portfolio function. Initiatives are likely to include the development of a prioritisation model, Portfolio Analysis, and the review of the Portfolio Management system. The role holder will also be a point of contact for the business, Programme Mangers and Project Managers
The Portfolio Analyst is responsible for:
Portfolio Reporting / Monitoring / Dashboards
- Providing a strategic overview of the Bank's programmes, projects and interdependencies, reporting progress, anomalies, undertaking trend analysis and highlighting possible areas of concern to senior management through briefings to governance bodies.
What's on Offer