You are here
Press & Communications Officer
Media role for a well known Public Sector organisation
About Our Client
Public Sector organisation based in Bristol
- To act as a point of contact for incoming enquiries from journalists; to develop and deliver a response to these enquiries that is in line with the corporate view on any issue and to act as a spokesperson for the organisation in the region to the print media after consultation with specialist experts.
- To brief media on the work of the organisation in relation to relivant issues, seeking clarification from the relevant Regional Communications Manager or experts whenever necessary.
- To draft media briefings and Q&A documents in response to issues in the media which are consistent with the overall strategic goals and priorities and reflect the corporate view.
- To actively seek proactive opportunities for media coverage and prepare the necessary briefing.
- When required, to represent communications at various regional and local meetings.
- To maintain a regional forward planner for all known communications activity and ensure this is captured on the national Communications forward planning diary.
- To manage and operate Twitter accounts
- To participate in an out-of-hours on-call rota as needed.
- To monitor media coverage and respond appropriately where necessary and maintain a log of press enquiries and action taken.
- To produce media evaluation reports when required.
- To develop and maintain an up-to-date electronic database of regional and local journalists.
- To build relationships with all regional stakeholders including media and other communications professionals in partner organisations.
- To contribute news stories to the internal staff monthly publication.
- To support the Regional Communications Manager in the delivery of any stakeholder engagement work.
- To assist the Regional Communications Manager in the implementation of the internal communications strategy.
- To be flexible in providing support to any regions or in a crisis situation
- Such other projects/lead working or duties as may be agreed by the post holder and the relevant Regional Communications Manager
The Successful Applicant
Media, Press & Communications experience, ideally within the Public Sector
Social Media experience
What's on Offer
£120 to £160 a day
4 month contract