You are here
- Must be a strong writer and have experience with press releases
- Must have experience working in a press/communications environment
About Our Client
Operating within the Not for Profit and Charities space, but very commercial and forward-thinking, my client are a global professional body based in London. They are superbly dynamic and offer a variety of products and services including CPD Courses, online modules, face to face training, global events to name but a few. They are also the thought-leader and lead organisation within their field.
The successful Press Officer will be required to generate as much coverage across all media channels (on and offline) as possible. This can be on a national scale as well as in key international markets that the organisation operate in.
- Using a pro-active approach, pitching stories, working on press releases, arranging interviews and drafting key features with journalists.
- Gain as much coverage in key international media by working with regional offices and where appropriate use PR agencies in the organisations key strategic markets.
- Pay close attention to national and international media/public affairs, blogs and other online communities/channels where relevant issues are being discussed.
- Build and maintain relationships with a network of key journalists and contacts.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Press Officer would have:
- Experience of working in a Press function and working on press releases.
- Have strong writing skills and a variety of writing styles for different channels: press releases, client reports, articles etc.
- Experience of social media, blogs and/or online communities
- Preferably have experience working with PR agencies or within a PR agency environment
- Having an open mind when approaching tasks and being able to take on additional projects, as well as being a good team player
What's on Offer
This is a permanent position based in London and is paying up to £32,000 with a superb benefits package