You are here
Principal Finance Manager
- Principal Finance Manager
- Financial management of high level projects in the city council
About Our Client
This role will give the candidate the chance to advise on and manage the financial aspects of high level initiatives and projects undertaken by the City Council and, where appropriate, its partners and be a proactive member of relevant steering groups as necessary.
Being a senior member of the organisation who's reach spans across greater Manchester, you will be based in the historic town hall building in the city centre and will have the influence to impact change across the region.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- To provide information and financial data required for Business Plans, project plans and management action plans and to provide an overview and initial scrutiny role.
To provide financial information required by external bodies.
To support Directorates, Corporate Finance and other stakeholders by providing comprehensive financial management services including budget planning and reporting.
Providing advice regarding the financial implications of service development proposals and statutory changes.
Challenging and supporting officers when developing assumptions underpinning their business plans and specific business cases.
To represent Finance within multi-disciplinary teams with both internal and external partners as required.
- Supporting the Group Finance Lead in the effective and efficient preparation of the medium term revenue and capital budgets
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate should:
- Be able to influence and build strong relationships
- Posses good communication skills, engaging constructively with forums and other bodies across all organisational levels.
- Have strong analytically ability with highly developed investment appraisal skills
- Be able to complete work within deadline and maintain focus and objectivity under a multi priority workload
- Excel at developing and managing a team
- Posses strong problem solving and strategic thinking ability.
- Have strong IT Skills and be able to use multiple applications with highly developed database and spreadsheet skills.
The role holder must be a qualified CCAB accountant
What's on Offer
- £20.24 per hour
- 6 Month contract