You are here
Process Improvement Co-ordinator
- FMCG manufacturing experience
- Reports to Site Quality Manager
About Our Client
Definition:- Expectations of key standards of performance within the role by which the individual will be measured.
- To spend approx. 50% of time on the shop floor monitoring, reviewing, encouraging operators to ensure that all aspects of product and process quality are being controlled to the required standards.
- Be seen as working in production for quality and reviewing all operations from good in to dispatch, specifically:-
- Goods in
- Syrup manufacture
- Goods out
- Off site warehouse
- The role encompasses Line audit tours on a daily basis monitoring product quality GMP, Hygiene, operator compliance & training. Leading the improvement program for non conformances, working with cross functional & operational colleagues to address and provide long term solutions to the business.
- Review quality systems on shop floor for non compliance and lead projects to ensure compliance is maintained
- Carry out routine audits to an agreed schedule utilising the company quality plan.
- To support product & packaging trial and oversee, inspect and authorise / endorse from a quality POV.
- To monitor all first production runs of any "change" ensuring that products are produced to the right standard, to instigate & manage post production run review.
- Proactively educate and train all operators in the key quality tasks and identify future improvement for the quality activities
- Lead quality improvement projects ensuring they are fully completed and successfully embedded within the operational function
- Participate actively in daily review meetings (when required) to raise issues and drive the quality ethic strongly. Monitor the kpi's to drive zero defect philosophy (KPI's RFT, Customer complaints, line Quality tours/ audits, shop pack audits, H&S area risk assessments labs).
- Investigate complaint trends and reporting and implement preventive action to reduce/eliminate issues
- Lead quality change agenda and participate actively in operations projects on a regular basis working closely with CI manager & team, ensure quality is factored into all sites modification / changes, in a timely manner to deliver required results
- Liase with customers, suppliers and 3rd parties on all visits to represent the quality function as required.
Actively participate on all site audits and lead key areas of responsibility to ensure compliance to standards before, during and after the audit.
The Successful Applicant
Definition:- The specific knowledge required to perform effectively within the role
- Knowledge and experience of working within FMCG environment
- Knowledge and experience of quality systems and processes
- Previous involvement and exposure to audits with external bodies and customers.
- Effective communicator & thoroughly professional at all times, especially when dealing with customers .
- Good team-worker, prepared to help others & capable of detailed examination of information to ensure its accuracy
What's on Offer
Contributory Pension Plan, Staff shop vouchers, 25 holidays plus statutory holidays, Free car parking.