You are here
- Multinational Food Manufacturer
- Rapidly growing business based in the South West
About Our Client
Andros are a family-owned company, with their UK manufacturing centre based in Frome, in the heart of the picturesque South West of England. This site is part of a wider organisation with a turnover of 2 billion Euros. It is a leading european fruit transformation and chilled dairy producer. Andros have production facilities across Europe and beyond including the USA, China, and New Zealand where they manufacture their very popular and internationally famous brands, as well as many private label products.
Andros believes in people above anything else. Its success has come from empowering hands-on, pragmatic individuals within a dynamic, solution-seeking and market-share winning organisation. Entrepreneurial spirit is encouraged and consumer satisfaction is paramount. If you are willing to invest in the company the company will invest in you.
The work environment is fast, varied and "politic" free. Communication is uncomplicated and direct relying on the trust built through professional expertise and a real team player attitude.
There is pride within the organisation to be the manufacturer of simple, high quality food offering great value to the consumer. In short, an "international good food maker".
Andros is a major supplier of ambient fruit-based and chilled yogurts and desserts, dealing directly with all major retailers and sectors within the UK. They acquired the dairy site (180 people) and have since heavily invested in new, state-of-the-art, chilled desserts product lines, unique to the market.
The company has experienced rapid growth, doubling the size of the business in the last 4 years.
The Process Manager will have the opportunity to be heavily involved in the success of the overall factory's performance. You will be an essential part of factory improvements. You will have the autonomy and the opportunity to make this role as varied and exciting as possible, no two days will be the same and you will always be at the heart of the action. This is a great opportunity for you to gather great experience of all elements of the manufacturing environment , helping you develop and make a great name for yourself within the organisation and the wider industry.
- Need to be present in the process department in case of a breakdown to manage the staff (asks for help if needed, organise the process operators during downtime …).
- Ensure that all the standards are respected (parameters, batches, labour, quality, safety).
- Ensure all finished products satisfy customer specifications.
- Respond to customer audits.
- Manage the technical and managerial priorities.
- Decide on appropriate action to be taken in the event of process failures
- Work closely with Planning and Packing Shift managers to communicate any delays. Work towards a seamless interface with process and packing.
- Co-ordinate trials and introduction of new products.
- Makes sure that the operators explain the different issues they have had during their shift and this is recorded in the handover log.
- Find and suggest ideas of improvement.
- Working in collaboration and as a team with packing, maintenance, quality, NPD
The Successful Applicant
The Process Manager based at the site in Frome will need to be an excellent communicator, who is motivated and enthusiastic, that has logical and analytical approach to work. You will need to have a good understanding of Lean manufacturing techniques and inspire and positively influence others to help you drive performance and hit high levels of performance. Andros will be looking for you to be able to show vision and have the ambition to make these positive changes happen.
- A minimum of 2 years supervisory/management experience in a similar environment.
- An understanding/experience of lean manufacturing tools.
- Competent motivator of staff/teams.
- Understanding of employment laws, disciplinary procedures, H& S requirements, completing of reports & investigations.
- Understanding of dairy technology, filling room protocols and implications to the business.
- Knowledge of fresh food packing environment.
- Ability to interact effectively with Customers, Business Managers and staff at all levels.
- High degree of Numerate, literate and computer competent.
- Understanding of operation of machinery and processes.
- Advanced Food Hygiene .
- Intermediate HACCP.
- Chemical Awareness
- COSHH training
What's on Offer
£35-40k based on experience, plus benefits, pension, and possible relocation assistance.