You are here
- Food manufacturing experience
- HACCP trained desirable
About Our Client
FMCG Manufacturer - multisite
- Approval to Launch Management:
- To take approved concepts through to successful launch in the factory (phases 4 to 7 of the New Product Development Process):
- Closely liaise with the Process Manager or Senior Process Technologist / NPD Product Team, ensuring up-to-date awareness of customer briefs;
- Assist with internal feasibility assessment in terms of product design and the product process;
- Co-ordinate / carry out daily trial activities, assessing new raw materials and ensuring draft process control documentation is prepared in advance;
- Carry out all post-trial tasks in order to confirm relevant product information e.g. customer re-heat instructions, organoleptic assessment, freeze suitability & transit approval and provision of product quality standards, making available process documentation for launch;
- Preparation for / attendance at product photography sessions;
- Preparation and responsibility for both pre-production runs and product launches, and Set up new products on recipe / equipment software systems as relevant.
- To regularly review materials (including packaging), products and processes to drive innovation:
- Visit (potential) suppliers to assess the benefits of new raw materials (including packaging) / equipment, representing the Company in a professional manner and providing documented evidence on which to base informed decisions; and play an active role in the commissioning of new equipment by attending trials and ensuring that trial findings / results are reported, identifying outstanding action(s) / the next step(s).
- Continuous Improvement / Lean Manufacturing:
- As a member of the Process Team, to support site initiatives:
- Support the Operations team in site-specific initiatives that have been briefed e.g. to improve efficiencies;
- Identifying and recommending changes to systems and processes as appropriate; and to gain approval for the use of new raw materials using the New Product Development Process.
- To be actively involved in Quality & Product Improvement Projects:
- Play a role in improving the quality of products in terms of product components and overall visual appearance via project briefs;
- Be involved in the Company HACCP food safety system, e.g. new raw materials and equipment;
- Play an active role in product improvement projects as initiated in-house or by the customer e.g. the use of more process-friendly ingredients; and ensure the maintenance of process control documentation and the recipe / equipment software system as required.
- Managing relationships and Communication:
- Play an active role in the management of internal and external relationships, supporting the Senior Technologist or Process Manager.
- Ensure that all direct communication to the customer is of a high standard and that through this communication you present a good image of the Hain Daniels Group. Direct communication could be through customer site visits, e-mails, telephone conversations, etc.
- Work closely with the other departments and functions in order to effectively deliver Process and Continuous Improvement projects.
- When required, effective communication with Senior Management.
The Successful Applicant
Minimum HNC / HND or comparable course in a food-related subject (complete or studying towards)
Food Hygiene Certificate essential (can be obtained)
HACCP trained desirable
One year minimum experience essential with an up-to-date knowledge of food manufacturing, processes & equipment
What's on Offer