You are here
Processing Site Manager
- Senior position on site for waste sterilisation and processing plant
- Market leading company
About Our Client
Our client is a leading waste treatment company that processes over 2 million tonnes of waste annually, recycling 60% of that waste. They have grown hugely over the last 10 years and are now one of the key players in the UK market. This site deals with medical waste and is seen as a key site for the South Eastern operation. The position of Processing Site Manager is a promising one with progression available.
The Processing Site Manager is responsible for running the healthcare waste treatment plant in a profitable manner whilst ensuring the best compliance practices are adhered to from both a Technical and Health & Safety perspective. Developing the operation to allow acceptance of a wider range of waste materials; managing and leading the site teams.
- Comply with all relevant Health & Safety and Environmental/permit regulations.
- Work closely with commercial team to ensure available capacity is fully utilised
- Ensure site financial performance is managed in line with budget
- Participate in monthly site profit and loss reviews
- Produce site financial forecasts in line with company requirements
- Working closely with direct reports manage site service delivery in line with customer expectations
- Set and monitor key objectives for direct reports
- Ensure all staff are appropriately trained and competent to fulfil their duties; and assist with the development of required skills and competencies
- Provide regular performance reports on the following, introducing site KPIs where appropriate:
- Propose, instigate and develop improvements to customer service/logistics, plant, process and people to exceed KPIs.
- Instigate and maintain an active CI program
- People management
- Introduce PARETO analysis to track causes of downtime and reduced throughputs
- Provide regular feedback on Safety and performance to all site employees via team meetings and notice boards.
The Successful Applicant
We are seeking a Site Manager with a background in Waste Management or with the transferable skills for such a position. Candidates must have continuous production experience and understand the requirements of processing medical waste. candidate should also have had exposure to working with customers to ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction. Strong communication and influencing skills are also required.
What's on Offer
Competitive Salary plus car allowance, bonus, life assurance and more!