You are here
Procurement Category Manager
£32,000 - £37,500
Lead commercial procurement activities
Designing and initiating the procurement activities
About Our Client
- Annual expenditure budget of circa £220 million for goods, services and works.
- Responsible for managing a category portfolio of up to £50M and ensuring compliance with EU and UK Law and internal governance
- Responsible for managing complex local, regional and national procurement projects and contracts. Individual contracts can be up to £30M
- Procurement Category Manager will lead a team of category support officers. Based in either Sheffield, Leeds, Wakefield
- The Procurement Category Manager based in Yorkshire, Sheffield, Leeds, Wakefield will manage procurement category strategies for a portfolio of categories to achieve the strategic aims and objectives.
- Provide professional advice on technical procurement matters to a portfolio of senior regional customers to ensure capital and revenue budgets are spent in accordance with budget strategies and comply with Financial Regulations, Regional Contract Standing Orders and EU Procurement legislation
- Negotiate and influence senior collective forums (internal and external) to achieve the benefits of collaborative procurement.
- Develop and deliver procurement savings plans for specific categories in collaboration with the customer ensuring quantifiable cashable efficiencies are identified, prioritised delivered and reported
- Lead and manage complex and strategic force, regional and national collaborative procurement projects to ensure their effective delivery in line with customer requirements and timescales.
- Manage contract reviews for key business critical contracts managed outside of the central procurement function, ensuring contract performance is managed in line with KPI's and customer requirements are met or exceeded.
- Develop and manage sustainable procurement strategies for specific categories and develop an action plan
The Successful Applicant
- Relevant experience of managing all aspects of category management, and delivery of quantifiable procurement efficiencies
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate, construct and manage complex procurement contracts of significant value Desirable
- Demonstrated experience of leading and managing collaborative procurement projects Desirable
- Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply Diploma full corporate membership (MCIPS), Level 6 Graduate Diploma or equivalent
- Good interpretation of EU Procurement legislation.
- Experience of mentoring or managing staff. Desirable
What's on Offer
£32000 - £37000
Based in Sheffield or Wakefield