You are here
Procurement Category Manager
- Leading sourcing strategies on a product portfolio
- Procurement, Buying and Engagement
About Our Client
The Procurement Category Manager based in Hull, Kingston upon hull will be required to perform, under minimal supervision, the full range of market engagement, procurement and subcontract administration activities associated with the sourcing and delivery of Hard FM services. The successful candidate will be accountable for performance and results.
Procurement Category Manager based in Hull, Kingston upon hull
- Responsible for managing complex procurement projects and contracts.
- Develop and manage procurement category strategies for a portfolio of categories to achieve the strategic aims and objectives of the organisation
- Provide professional advice on technical procurement across construction, property and FM.
- Comply with Financial Regulations and EU Procurement legislation.
- Negotiate and influence senior collective forums (internal and external) to achieve the benefits of collaborative procurement.
- Develop and deliver procurement savings plans for specific categories in collaboration with the customer ensuring quantifiable cashable efficiencies are identified, prioritised delivered and reported
- Lead and manage complex procurement projects to ensure their effective delivery in line with customer requirements and timescales. Apply own discretion and use own initiative involving highly complex, conflicting information.
- Manage contract reviews for key business critical contracts
- Develop and lead strategic partnerships with key suppliers to share risks and benefits
- Develop and manage sustainable procurement strategies
- Manage Category Officers for specific categories
- Line manage the performance and development of direct reports
The Successful Applicant
- Relevant experience of managing all aspects of high value category management, and delivery of quantifiable procurement efficiencies
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate, construct and manage diverse and complex procurement contracts of significant value
- Demonstrated experience of leading and managing collaborative procurement projects of significant complexity and value
- Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply Diploma full corporate membership (CIPS), Level 4/5/6 Graduate Diploma or equivalent
What's on Offer