You are here
This position is now filled
- Product Designer
- Product Designer
About Our Client
My client is a market changing Plastics manufacturer for the Manufacturing and Production industry providing the defence, sport, Motorcycle and construction sectors with their world class product that has consistently changed and lead the market in their field.
The successful candidate for the Product Designer role at my client's site in Surrey will take ownership of multiple development projects, ensuring that products are designed to be fit for purpose, meet the requirements of the project brief and are cost effective in both manufacturability and marketability, along with fulfilling the following responsibilities -
- Design, develop and deliver market defining products.
- Provide high quality and innovative design solutions.
- Use DFM and FMEA techniques to ensure products are of high quality, cost effective and Manufacturable.
- Follow company processes and best practice methods to effectively manage new product Introductions.
- Work closely with Sales, Marketing, Materials, Testing, Operations and Asia teams to ensure correct first time developments.
- Ensure regular and accurate reporting of project status to Line Manager and Senior Management.
- Seek continuous improvement of products and processes within the Technology department
- Produce measurable, meaningful and marketable technical data to support new products
- Engage with the Sales team and customers for bespoke product solutions and new development trails.
- Provide technical support to other areas of the business
- Contribute to the control of department spending by accurately account for time and costs per Project.
- Occasional travel to Asia to support new product introductions.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the Product Designer role at my client's site in Surrey will provide evidence of the following -
- Established track record of working within a product design environment
- Established track record of managing new product developments
- Proven delivery of commercially successful product developments
- Proven history of results achieved when working to tight deadlines
- Good level of commercial awareness
- Proven track record of progressive problem solving
- Strong communication and teamwork
- Excellent time management and proactive principles
- Creative and driven
What's on Offer
from Â£45,000 to Â£50,000