You are here
This position is now filled
- Great opportunity to work for a successful UK retailer
- Candidates should have experience and knowledge of textile product
About Our Client
My client is a well-known UK retailer of multiproduct based in the West Midlands. They are recruiting for a Product Technologist to join their Head Office Product Team.
I am working with a Retailer based in the West Midlands who are looking for a Product Technologist to;
- Work as part of the trading teams to develop products effectively
- Conduct assessment of products within category as part of the product development & risk assessment process to ensure all products meet all quality, brand integrity, product fit for purpose, safety and legal requirements.
- Analyse customer complaint and returns data weekly and work with the buying team to take appropriate action.
- Ensure all product specifications are accurate and stored appropriately in systems as required.
- To comply with Technical milestones in the critical path to ensure range launch timescales are met.
- Write range review packs and present the technical section to senior management in key sign-off meetings.
- Ensure all suppliers understand the business's systems, requirements and standards and keep the relevant supplier technical manuals up to date.
- Keep all suppliers scorecard information accurate and up to date.
- Deliver approved products to the agreed department critical path.
- Support the buyer by understanding the market, competitor products and their specifications.
- Feed into the supplier strategy and ensure suppliers have the appropriate technical capabilities to meet the business's production requirements
- Support and contribute to business improvement projects as required
- With guidance from the Technology Manager, liaise with the Buyer to feed into the quality criteria for own label products ensuring the optimal balance between quality and price is maintained.
The Successful Applicant
I am working with a Retailer based in the West Midlands who are looking for a Product Technologist who has;
- Experience and knowledge of textiles product
- Some experience in a manufacturing or retailing environment
- An understanding of quality management and/or product development
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to deliver results as an individual and within a team
- Confidence to influence and engage, building relationships with key stakeholders
- Product, market and consumer knowledge
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast moving dynamic retail environment
- Effective communicator, presenter, and team player
- Relevant technical experience for given product range
- Experience of working with suppliers on a FOB & domestic basis
What's on Offer
According to experience