You are here
- Good Engineering Improvements knowledge
- Experience of Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing
About Our Client
Based in South Yorkshire my client supply Fabricated and Welded products across the UK and worldwide. They pride themselves on the quality of products provided with a stable and growing customer base. If you are looking to develop, grow and progress within a long established yet evolving company please apply below.
As the Senior Manufacturing Engineer you and your team will be responsible for improving the cost and delivery performance of the manufacturing site through the collection and analysis of manufacturing data, application of lean manufacturing tools and the engagement of employees in continuous improvement activities. The role is sector based taking full responsibility and accountability for the lean production engineering activities of a focused range of manufacturing cells within the fabrication, machining and finish / assembly disciplines and will include the following duties:
- To identify potential improvement and project manage production and engineering personnel across various departments to realise this improvement.
- Structured analysis, control and development of production processes, times, methods, layouts, flow and logistics systems. Value stream mapping of the supply chain and removal of waste.
- To plan, manage and develop training programmes for employees.
- Lead all aspects of improvement activities - planning, management, communication, progress meetings.
- Develop a "best approach" culture with regards to continuous improvement. Encourage and facilitate improvements promoted from the employee teams through the use of TQM and Kaizen techniques.
- Lean manufacturing. Facilitate practices where applicable, single piece flow production, removal of the 7 wastes, SMED, Cellular manufacture, and poke yoke.
- To act a liaison for sharing of best practice between the various manufacturing plants in the UK.
- To act as a Continuous Improvement Champion.
- Analysis and continuous improvement of existing processes, focused on enhancing safety, quality, on time delivery and team morale and reducing product cost and environmental impact
- Assessment of available manufacturing technology and specification of machinery and equipment.
- Co ordinate and improve all health and safety and environmental practices and controls, including structuring and maintaining COSHH assessments, Risk assessments, Manual handling assessments, Fire risk assessments and maintenance of safety and environmental related equipment / plant etc.
- Liaison suppliers worldwide to develop and share lean manufacturing best practice
The Successful Applicant
To be considered you should:
- Have a good Welding / Fabrication background understanding.
- Be able to demonstrate a successful career in process improvement in an engineering manufacturing environment.
- Have experience of continuous improvement and lean manufacturing tools including six sigma, 5s, kaizen, SMED, kanban, value stream mapping,
- Preferential experience of Fabrication & Welding, CNC Machining, press brake operation, shot blasting, Paint Spraying processes.
- Have the ability to communicate effectively at all levels including a good level of presentation skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent man management skills including the ability to initiate change, motivate and provide encouragement and support
What's on Offer
£30,000 - £45,000
Days Based Position
Pension, Bonus, Progression Opportunities