You are here
This position is now filled
- Production Engineer to improve processes
- Machine Shop Experience Required
About Our Client
Located in Sheffield my client supply machined components to a range of industries including Medical and Aerospace. They have a very strong reputation for quality and customer service and aim to be a big player within its field. If you are looking for great future progression opportunities within a large organisation please apply below.
Reporting into the Site Manager you will be targeted to develop and introduce economical and capable manufacturing processes for machining medical and aerospace components. You will also be responsible for leading the Machine Shop Engineering Team,communicating priorities and organising resources to ensure key delivery dates are achieved on New Product Introductions and improvement projects.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Train, develop and improve a production engineering team.
- Fixture design and manufacture.
- Selection of appropriate cutting tools.
- Design gauging and inspection methods including in process inspection sheets, control plans and first article inspection documentation.
- Identify, devise and implement Continuous Improvement activities
- Creation of method of manufacture.
The Successful Applicant
As the Production Engineer based in Sheffield you will have Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Leadership experience.
- A sound engineering background in a machine shop environment
- Knowledge of Lean techniques and implementation
- Effective at planning, prioritising and organising tasks and activities
- Good communication skills and self motivated
What's on Offer
Â£35,000 - Â£40,000