You are here
About Our Client
Our Manufacturing and Production Client based in the Dundee Area is a market leader in the Food Industry
Key Critical Factors of the role:
To take responsibility for manufacturing operations and direct reports. The interaction with other departmental SMT is of paramount importance i.e. financial, technical and HR. All activities will be directed towards continually improving the company not only as a food production unit, but also a safer and better place to work.
- Health and Safety: as per Company and statutory standards, this includes Accident Investigation.
- Achieve or exceed daily KPI targets, reporting back on performance and corrective / improvement actions.
- Responsible for upholding food safety standards, in particular Critical Control Points (CCPs).
- Staff management and motivation.
- Training and development of direct reports and staff in order to meet the required production plans and facilitate succession planning.
- Communicating and feeding back to Site Manager and Planning department on any issues and escalating these issues in a timely manner.
- Ensure GMP is maintained to the required standard and all areas of responsibility are audit ready.
- Communicate results and information effectively to all Department Managers, which will help improve ownership and promote ideas.
- Ensure paperwork such as record sheets are completed accurately and in a timely manner by production teams.
- Collaborate and communicate with other departments to achieve required results.
- Work within budgetary constraints - identify opportunities for cost reduction by challenging existing practices, procedures and methods without compromising quality or service levels.
- To be prepared to conduct internal audits within the scope provided by the company and to take part in and support customer site audits as and when requested to do so by the technical team.
- Manage raw materials, packaging, ingredients and labour in line with budget.
- Wastage must be controlled and recorded efficiently.
- Empower team to achieve correct quality standard across all products.
- Promote continuous improvement within production teams and implement CI projects.
- Coach and develop direct reports.
- Understand the financial costs of products to ensure proficient management of operational KPI's.
- Technical understanding of high care production and products.
- Promote Quality Assurance with production teams for all plant activities undertaken (i.e paperwork, product quality,GMP, all processes).
- Supporting production, technical and NPD trials.
- Achieve or exceed daily KPI targets and record all KPI results/Ensure KPI's are visible and up to date.
- Regularly audit site Health & Safety including Accident/Near Miss Reporting ensuring all requirements are being met
The Successful Applicant
The Ideal Production Manager will possess the following :-
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to positively influence your team is fundamental, requiring you to display both interpersonal and leadership skills
- Internal & external auditing processes & requirements
- Excellent numerical skills
- Good IT skills
- Excellent track record of managing teams; building capability, change management, addressing any issues effectively and in compliance with legislative and company policies & procedures
- Ability to clearly communicate & build a strong & effective team
- Continuous improvement background
- Excellent decision making skills
What's on Offer
Production Manager based in the Dundee Area