You are here
About Our Client
Our client it a world leader within their chosen field of the chemical industry. They serve a number of industries including; Industrial, manufacturing and pharmaceutical. Throughout Europe and USA they have over 55 plants.
- To manage the operation of the plant and the work of the production staff;
- To plan production schedules weekly to generate production plans to meet customer demand whilst maintaining the site's own requirements. and, in conjunction with the Site Manager, annually;
- To effectively manage all areas of production.
* Cost control
* Product quality
- To approve new business and set up the on-site IT system in preparation for acceptance;
- To implement new projects and arrange plant trials;
- To write Works Instructions in consultation and agreement with the Site Manager
- To prepare reports on plant performance as required by works Procedures. To be responsible for month end stock take and ensuring that stocks and stream costings reports are completed in a timely manner;
- To assist the Site Manager in all aspects of his work and deputise with respect to production duties in his absence;
- To periodically review and appraise production staff and recommended actions/rewards and training from the review. Suitable training records to be maintained of all production staff.
- To be responsible for the motivation, performance and discipline of production staff within the guidelines of the company's rules and conditions of employment. To ensure that these are applied in a fair and consistent manner;
- To ensure that effective communication is maintained throughout the production department, and laterally with adjoining functions;
- Responsibility for ensuring adequate out-of-hours managerial and operational cover;
- To work with the maintenance department to ensure that plant maintenance is carried out in a timely and efficient manner;
- To review our process technology and make proposals to the Site Manager/Operations Director for improvements in production rates, environmental performance and quality;
- To contribute to all health & safety initiatives including safety/accident audits in line with the current legislative standards and codes of practice;
- To ensure the site is operated in a manner conducive to good health, safety and environmental practices;
- To work with others to maintain the highest standards of safety housekeeping & hygiene;
- To ensure that the permit to work system is rigorously adhered to;
- To explore opportunities for continuous improvement of the site to improve aspects of safety, environmental, cost and operational performance;
- To conduct Duty of Care tours;
- To ensure that all production staff are adequately trained and competent to perform their roles.
- To prepare reports on plant performance including production reports, trial reports, KPIs and stream costing reports ensuring that they are completed and distributed in a timely manner both internally and to external customers as required.
- To ensure sufficient storage is available for products / feedstock by regularly taking stock of crude and product tank allocation eliminating potential for cross contamination.
- To be responsible for arrangement for the disposal of all site waste. Where applicable, identification of new and advantageous disposal routes within Health, Safety and Environmental Regulations.
The Successful Applicant
Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related subject.
Extensive experience within a process environment
Good man-management skills
Good communicational skills
What's on Offer
£40 - 50K + Benefits