You are here
This position is now filled
- Lead and Manage a small team of employees
- Improve current manufacturing processes and implement lean
About Our Client
My client are a long established, family owned organisation who have been in business for over 100 years. The company design, manufacture and supply bespoke metal products into a range of industries including, Automotive, Materials, General Manufacturing, Textile and Craft. With a small but dedicated workforce my client is looking for a stand out Production or Operations Manager to take control of the day to day running of the business including improvement of the production operations. This position is a new position to market and is a fantastic position within the local Sheffield area.
Based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire as the Production / Operations Manager you will work with and for the Managing Director of the business and have full control of Production, Quality, Maintenance and Health & Safety. This position is a key position to the business and my client are looking for someone stand out who has a good engineering knowledge and the ability to run and improve a manufacturing facility.
As a production manager, you'll need to:
- Oversee the production process, drawing up a production schedule;
- Ensure that the production is cost effective;
- Decide what resources are required;
- Draft a timescale for the job;
- Estimate costs and set the quality standards;
- Monitor the production processes and adjust schedules as needed;
- Be responsible for the selection and maintenance of equipment;
- Monitor product standards and implement quality-control programmes;
- Liaise among different departments, e.g. suppliers, managers;
- Work with managers to implement the company's policies and goals;
- Ensure that health and safety guidelines are followed;
- Supervise and motivate a team of workers (20)
- Review worker performance;
- Identify training needs.
You'll be involved in the pre-production (planning) stage as well as the production (control and supervision) stage. A large part of the job is dealing with people management.
The Successful Applicant
A foundation degree, HND or degree in the following subjects may increase your chances of securing a job:
- materials science/technology;
- mechanical engineering;
- process engineering;
If you have an unrelated degree, it's still possible to become a production manager if you have sufficient motivation and a willingness to study for the relevant professional qualifications. You may also need to demonstrate that you have an interest and skills in the industry.
What's on Offer
For the position of Production Manager based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire you will receive:
- Starting salaries may be around Â£35,000 and Â£45,000.
- Production Performance Bonus.
- With a few years of experience you can earn in the range of Â£45,000 +.
- Day Position.