You are here
- Production Manager role with leading FTSE 250 company.
- Opportunity to develop culture and drive continous improvement.
About Our Client
Berendsen is Europe's leading textile service business, developing and delivering value-added textile, hygiene and safety solutions within Hospitality, Healthcare, Workwear and Facilities. They engage and partner with more than 150,000 customers in 16 countries across Europe. They are a FTSE250 company and in the UK they have over 9,000 employees working at 60 sites, making them a major UK employer. The business focuses on innovation and is constantly developing new products and services to better serve the changing needs of its customers and their industries in all sectors of the economy.
Based at the Merton, South West London site the Production Manager will lead, manage and continually develop the production teams in the achievement of functional objectives that support the Site/Plant and Company Business Plan. Work closely with the engineering, service and logistics teams to continuously improve site overall effectiveness ensuring utilisation of production facilities, people development and a lean culture. Responsibilities:
- Run continuous improvement discussions/forums and quality circles to investigate and analyse all production related issues and to ensure ongoing continuous improvement.
- Ensure compliance with quality standards and requirements, analysing the results and ensuring corrective action is implemented to continuously improve the working environment.
- Generate and analyse reports/KPIs making recommendations on trends, improvements and corrective actions to achieve and enhance operational excellence.
- Liaise and work with other departments to ensure any issues are resolved as quickly as possible.
- Liaise with customers where appropriate to ensure service commitments are realised and keep in contact with the service teams to update on issues and agree corrective actions as required.
- Contribute to the reduction of impact to the environment e.g. energy usage.
- Effectively plan, organise and coordinate resources to meet the production requirements of laundering all pieces on time in full (OTIF) and to the specifications within the client contracts.
- Develop, propose and agree functional budgets with General Manager, monitoring, managing and controlling all activities in accordance with the agreed functional budget, investigating and resolving any variances.
- Work with the GM to develop strategic plans for all operational activity and capital requests.
- Ensure productivity, cost effectiveness, quality and service in the production process of all lines.
- Lead, manage, control and develop all employees (including SOM, absence, performance management, grievances and Health and Safety Training) using SMART objectives during regular review and feedback meetings.
- Deputise for GM in their absence.
The Successful Applicant
- Educated to degree level or equivalent and/or a proven track record from a lean manufacturing and production / process industry.
- Proven knowledge within production, supply chain and /or service management as a Production Manager.
- Knowledge of Lean (Six Sigma) methodologies.
- Knowledge of implementing continuous improvement programmes.
- Good written and verbal skills.
- Ability to listen to and influence peer group and department team members to build and lead effective working teams.
- Good attention to detail and the can analyse data and interpret the information effectively to continuously improve the department and/or team.
- Organise self and others to ensure tasks are carried out in a timely manner.
- IT skills (email, all MS Office software including Project and PowerPoint).
- Proactive customer focused approach to service delivery.
- Financial knowledge covering budgeting forecasting.
- ERP systems (AX preferred).
What's on Offer
£40,000 - £55,000 + Benefits