You are here
- Strong Engineering / Operations background required
- Strong people management skills required
About Our Client
My client are a multinational logistics business that work with market leading customers to ensure smooth handover of products to bespoke specifications. It is a family run business, with a core values and a defined ethos centred around working hard, working together and enjoying the environment in which people work.
The business is doing very well and is going through fantastic levels of growth, as such they are now seeking a new Production Manager to join their site in Essex.
The key responsibilities of the Production Manager job will be to:
- To assume full active control and overall responsibility for all operational matters
- To ensure that all operational & administrative tasks are carried out in a timely and succinct fashion by assigning responsibilities to and actively assisting the operations support team.
- To ensure that all operational deliverable and customer requirements are properly planned and all targets are efficiently met.
- To ensure staff are efficiently assigned to projects and are performing at the required standards by undertaking an active role on the shop floor.
- To ensure all processes and procedures are followed by all members of staff.
- To serve as the main customer contact, ensuring customer service, problem solving and professionalism are your main drivers whilst demonstrating your integrity, honesty, loyalty, dedication and diligence.
- To ensure continuous improvement of all aspects of the operation including efficiency and cost control.
- To undertake all necessary actions to guarantee compliance with all customer, legal, environmental & internal requirements, policies, legislation's and procedures.
- To assist with the commercial aspect of the business as required.
- To assist management with any project, task, goal, report, etc as required
- To cover for holidays and other absences of colleagues when required.
- To carry out any reasonable request and other duties commensurate with your skills and abilities.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate for the Production Manager will have the following background:
- To be considered for this role, the successful candidate must also have a Degree in Engineering (or equivalent through experience)
- Significant and strong management skills in both people management and operational / process aspects
- Excellent communication, customer service and IT skills.
What's on Offer
The successful candidate for this role will be offered:
- A basic salary between £38,000 - £43,000 per annum (dependant on experience)
- An 8% Pension Scheme - 2% Employee Contribution/6% Employer Contribution
- 25 Days Annual Holiday Per Year + 8 Standard Public Holidays
- Life Assruance (from day 1) - which covers 3 x Basic Salary
Most importantly, there is the opportunity to join a forward thinking, multinational business that are growing.