You are here
- Exciting opportunity to deliver change and develop a dedicated team
- World class business and Europe's largest foam manufacturer
About Our Client
Recticel is an international industrial group specializing in the transformation of polyurethane into innovative products and solutions which contribute to our daily comfort. It develops, produces and commercializes these solutions to offer an extensive range of value-adding industrial and domestic applications through four distinct business lines: Flexible Foams, Bedding, Insulation and Automotive.
Recticel is active in 27 countries and has a workforce of about 7,600 worldwide (including joint ventures). Recticel is listed on Nyse-Euronext stock exchange and its consolidated sales turnover reached EUR 1.33 billion in 2015. To learn more visit www.recticel.com.
The business has a clear strategy to develop its leadership team at the Alfreton Foaming Plant and the Production Manager role will be key to achieving this by driving world class manufacturing techniques and streamlining standard operating procedures across safety, people, process, quality, and equipment. The successful individual will be highly driven to succeed with natural gravitas to engage people by leading from the front, with a passion to embed a strong safety first culture, improve optimisation of yields and embed a continuous improvement culture throughout the business.
Successful candidates will have a strong exposure to a continuous manufacturing environment, preferably within the chemicals or plastics industry, however will also consider other hazardous or high risk exposure. Candidates must demonstrate a can-do attitude and be able to instil a culture where the team is highly motivated to strengthen quality and operational competence.
- Ensure a systematic approach to controlling all operational management activities.
- Increase manufacturing efficiency, delivery performance and quality.
- Ensure production is equipped to deliver results with clear supporting data.
- Drive down direct and indirect costs to make a substantial improvement on profitability.
- Work with the management team to implement effective employee relations and engagement.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement and operational excellence
The Successful Applicant
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) / Over 5 years in a management position preferred
- Knowledge of manufacturing improvement techniques with exposure to KAIZEN principles
- Exposure to a corporate environment (preferred)
- Strong analytic and IT skills
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Green/Black Belt Six Sigma Certified (preferred)
- Knowledge of environmental, health and safety regulations
- Able to create structure to support effective and efficient company processes
What's on Offer
Competitive salary + package