You are here
Production Shift Manager
- Must have hands on technical plastics/injection moulding experience
- Must be happy to work 2pm - 10pm Shift
About Our Client
My client are a well known technical plastics and injection moulding business who are rapidly growing, with the view of maximsing their production capacity to manage the growing demand for their products. Based in Buckinghamshire, they have a number of technically skilled individuals who work for them and are now seeking a Production Shift Manager to oversee their 2pm - 10pm shift.
The key responsibilities for the Production Shift Manager job will involve:
- Carrying out tool changes in an efficient and tidy manner and according to company procedures
- Setting up jobs using established process parameters where possible and carry out any process adjustments deemed necessary in order to achieve the required quality levels and cycle times
- Managing the shift and staff with the support of your assembly supervisor
- Carry out Line clearances as part of the job change.
- Closing down the shift securing the building ensuring everything is powered off.
- Ensuring the staff are working in a safe manor to company policy.
- To carry out other job changeovers that don't involve changing tools such as colour, insert, packaging and / or job card changes also in an efficient and tidy manner
- Problem solving of problematic processes as required and also pro-actively working
- Report tooling issues and machinery problems to the production manager in order that they can be rectified
- To participate in continuous improvement initiatives as required
- Adherence to general housekeeping procedures and in particular keeping machinery clean and tidy
- To work in a safe manner at all times and help to maintain a safe working environment for others
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate for the Production Shift Manager role will have the following background:
- Technical Plastics/Injection Moulding experience and knowledge in a hands on capacity.
- Previous supervisory and managerial experience.
- Will need an understanding of robot setting, trouble shooting and ancillary equipment.
What's on Offer
The successful candidate for this role will be offered between £30,000 - £35,000 + Package.