You are here
Production Shift Manager
- One of Yorkshire largest FMCG businesses
- Shift Manager in a fast paced, challenging environment
About Our Client
A market Leading, fast-paced FMCG business.
The Key aspects of the role include:
- To collaboratively work with all site functions to ensure that site KPI targets are achieved through the monthly provision of KPI reports.
- Ensure that standards are maintained to the highest level at all times through establishing and maintaining an audit process that covers the key KPI's.
- Ensure that all company and legislative health and safety regulations are maintained at all times, responsible for leading accident investigations, driving health and safety awareness and striving to continuously improve site safety performance.
- Follow correct procedures for the separation and disposal of waste, promote through effective communication the environmental and cost implications of good waste management ethics. To continuously monitor wastage levels throughout the production process, taking immediate action to minimise levels through improvement, innovation and people involvement.
- Management of people resource, carry out training needs analysis to maintain a fully trained and flexible crew to meet the production requirements. Develop and maintain skills matrix that ensures that progressive succession planning is maintained.
- Manage people performance issues fairly and objectively, by promoting awareness of company people policies.
- Review KPI's to ensure continuous improvement is applied across all areas of customer base
- To ensure that first time quality is a priority of all team members through effective management of process control methods and HACCP systems adherence, by seizing opportunities to promote awareness of quality through policies and process. To result in zero defects.
- Manage all resources including people and raw materials to meet site cost per case targets and maximise financial return on investment to contribute towards the budgetary needs and goals of the business.
The Successful Applicant
- Understanding and awareness of up to date manufacturing technology and processes associated with a FMCG company.
- Ability to analyse, interpret and understand data.
- An understanding of lean manufacturing tools associated with a FMCG company.
- Ability to understand the principles and processes of effective communicate / presentation and when and how to apply them in all aspects of the role.
- People management knowledge - the ability to motivate and manage direct reports, ensuring maximum performance output is achieved through managing through recognised techniques and policies.
- Understand how to collect and validate sufficient information to carry out effective root cause analysis and develop recommendations or solutions for implementation.
What's on Offer