You are here
Production Team Leader
About Our Client
Our Client based in Fife is a Global player in high quality commercial materials.
Our Manufacturing and Production Client based in Fife is Looking to recruit a Production Team Leader who will be in charge of the following:-
- Manage all aspects of Health and Safety associated with the production process, in line with company standard and current Health and Safety legislation including HASAW act 1974
- In conjunction with the Production/Manufacturing Manager discuss and agree targets and formulate production plans.
- Manage individual area and ensure production plan, product and process specifications and product quality are maintained at all times.
- Manage, and report regularly to the Production Manager/Manufacturing Manager, the operational effectiveness of the department.
- Provide input, for inclusion in the local Investment plan, to the Production/Manufacturing Manager on possible plant improvement opportunities
- Ensure compliance with company Quality system within area of responsibility
- Ensure compliance with company Environmental system within area of responsibility
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures and risk assessments for all tasks carried out within area of responsibility.
- Act as Internal Auditor for Companies Quality, Environmental and Health and Safety systems
- Manage raw material stocks at agreed level within area of responsibility
- Lead or participate in energy and waste management projects and report on progress .
- Lead or participate in product or process improvement projects and report on progress.
- Communicate across departmental boundaries , ensuring the free flow of information in line with production requirements.
- Recruit, review, appraise and manage the team. Define performance objectives and ensure continuing professional development at all times. Operate an effective performance review process to create more productive individual performances and team results on an ongoing basis.
- Develop and manage team training plan and maintain training records for all staff.
- Ensure effective communication of company, department and team performance on an ongoing basis by carrying out shift briefings, frequency as dictated by business needs
- Perform First Line Management of absence and discipline in line with Company Policy
- Personal time management to ensure business needs are met
- Work shift pattern as appropriate to the Department needs
The Successful Applicant
The Ideal Production Team Leader will have the following
- A record of significantly improving individual and team performance
- Proven leader
- Strong Communicator
- Previous working in a manufacturing environment
- Educated to SVQ/NVQ level 3 or Equivalent
- Fully conversant in all Microsoft applications/software
- Extensive background of Health & Safety procedures
- Background in Heavy Manufacturing and Production
- Lean Manufacturing background advantageous
What's on Offer
Salary - £28500-£29000
Day shift/Back shift