You are here
Production Team Leader
- Experience in using Lean Tools i.e. 5s and Kaizen events
- Excellent engaging and effective communicator
About Our Client
Michael Page are in partnership with a successful, well established General Manufacturing business based in Derbyshire. Our client offers a diverse range of sustainable solutions achieved through continued innovation and development. Our client strive to deliver the highest quality of service and are committed to continuous improvement, therefore the successful applicant will be a Production Team Leader who can continue to drive and improve the high standard the business are proud of by engaging their team through a confident, hands-on approach.
The successful candidate will work as a Production Team Leader, acting alongside the Production Manager providing support to the shop floor and ensuring all production systems are continuing to run smoothly and effectively.
The key responsibilities for the Production Team Leader will be:
- Providing support to the Production shop floor to ensure all systems are running as should to ensure the highest level of quality and standards are being maintained
- Acting a support system to the Production Team, reporting into the Production Manager
- Driving the importance of Continuous Improvement through Lean tools i.e. 5s and Kaizen across the business
- Communicating and engaging with staff to ensure the team are flexible, motivated and working to the standard required at all times
- Leading a team of multi-skilled operatives to ensure all customer orders are received on time and in full
- Adhering to company HSE regulations at all times
- Monitoring and measuring staff performance
- Working on a rotating shift pattern of 3 shifts
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be passionate, effective and continue to strive to improve and maintain the high-standards of production and manufacturing across the business whilst coaching, mentoring and developing members of their team to add considerable value across the business.
The successful candidate for the Production Team Leader role will be:
- Worked or working towards a HNC or HND level or equivalent is preferred
- Able to demonstrate a proven track record in managing teams of 10 or above
- Able to demonstrate a proven track record of over 5 years experience of managing a team in a manufacturing environment
- Experienced in using Lean Tools i.e. 5s and Kaizen events
- Able to lead a team of multi-skilled operatives through the production process
- An effective and engaging communicator
- Experienced working towards and achieving KPI's
What's on Offer
A competitive salary plus package will be on offer for the successful candidate.