You are here
- UK's leading broadcasting, media, and content provider; seeking senior seller
- Superb opportunity to sell bespoke solutions across multiple sectors and regions
About Our Client
London office based centrally (WC1) - our client are an award winning content producer, putting together some of the UK's most well-known television programmes and advertisements. Sitting within a team of 8 business developers, the Programming Director will play a cruical role in new business prospecting, both over the phone and face-to-face. Each member of the team surpassed their OTE targets over the past 18 months, and now have capacity for a new growth hire. With a superb brand name behind them, our client also have an extremely collaborative culture and work ethic, making the organisation an incredible place to work and develop a lasting career.
The role of the Programming Director individual will be to develop new business (90% new business, 10% existing /account management), via the sale of high profile and sector specific news programmes that our client produce in conjunction with national associations and leading membership bodies. Key responsibilities include:
- Achieve set revenue targets monthly, quarterly and annually
- Research and develop an in-depth knowledge of multiple industry subjects
- Personally create and organise a base of new prospects for different projects
- Engage decision makers (typically CEO, Managing Director/head of sector) using email, phone, and face-to-face
- Objection handling negotiation and closing
- Report weekly to the Director on revenue targets, forecasts, client satisfaction, and new business opportunities
- Continually generate ideas to improve the production process and help build the business unit
- Develop account management skills with a view to manage clients to ensure high customer satisfaction and develop repeat business with them on an ongoing basis in the future.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Programming Director would demonstrate a proven track record of new business development, boardroom level communication skills, the ability to research, learn and understand industry-specific issues, a highly organised approach to developing partnerships and a strong interest in news and current affairs. Your skill-set and background will ideally follow:
Has sold editorially focussed content before in a new business sales role (online media, digital services, business information, research and advisory, market intelligence, bespoke sponsorship, video content, broadcast)
Independently closed deals in last role for unit value of minimum £15,000 (our client's AOV spans £15-50k and above)
Confident business development skills and the ability to source, pitch and close deals
Proven track record of successful achievement when speaking to decision makers
The ability to research, understand, and relay concepts effectively
- You will ideally be degree educated, have a minimum of 4 years B2B new business experience, and have a track record of meeting and succeeding revenue targets historically
- Credible, presentable, articulate, and polished in approach
What's on Offer
- £40,000 Basic Salary
- £100k OTE, genuinely realistic due to performance of existing teams, two from the team of eight took home £100k+ during the past financial year.
- Commission paid on all booked revenue (new and existing), as well as other bonus related incentives
- Full suite of company benefits
- High quality offices and working environment, positive and team focussed culture, and consultative approach to business development
- Opportunity to leverage the industry's leading brand name and top quality television content, selling into a high growth sector.