You are here
Work for one of the UKs largest charities
About Our Client
As one of the largest UK charities, the organisation focuses on creating international opportunities for those in the UK and abroad. Established across six continents and 100 countries, the organisation generates both educational opportunities and cultural relations; connecting those in developing and post-conflict countries with the United Kingdom. With an emphasis on building English skills, developing new business operating models and creating more inclusive and open societies this organisation bridges the gap in a growing demand for prosperity and security across the globe.
Project Accountant responsibilities to include but not be limited to:
- Work flexibly across the finance function, providing professional accounting and finance support where required.
- Act as the finance representative on projects (operational and systems) providing finance subject matter expertise and ensuring that the financial reporting and control impacts of projects are considered.
- Lead finance owned projects where required or act as a team member, contributing technical knowledge and experience to the delivery of the project.
- Play a key coordinating role on assigned projects by pulling together business requirements, stakeholder input, tracking actions and driving delivery as appropriate.
- Build a network of key contacts across the organisation to facilitate the gathering of information to improve the delivery of financial support to the business and to facilitate the completion of finance owned projects.
- Provide hands-on support to business as usual finance and accounting activities, sometimes routine, where required. For example helping in the completion of month end reporting, performing in-depth financial analysis to support accounting entries and completing reconciliations.
- Complete secondments to line roles providing absence cover or acting as additional support at periods of peak activity (e.g. year-end).
- Contribute to the continual development of financial systems, processes and controls.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis of financial data and problem solving as required.
The Successful Applicant
-You must be a qualified accountant either ACA, ACCA or CIMA. A background in a practice organisation would be beneficial.
-You must have a strong understanding of financial compliance.
-Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with non-finance colleagues across the organisation. This must be demonstrated through previous roles of a similar nature.
What's on Offer
-Final salary pension
-32 days holiday
-Flexible working hours