You are here
- Project Accountant
- NFP organisation in Sussex
About Our Client
NFP organisation based in Sussex.
- Supporting the team in the development of project budgets, forecasts, ongoing budget amendment activity, agreements and financial expenditure reports throughout each phase of the grants/contracts.
- Leading on all aspects of the grants /contracts, including upgrade projects, training and adaptation for new projects.
- Support the Head of team on project audit planning and implementation, VFM strategy, and delivering on key Finance team objectives
- Working with project management, country offices and regional offices to ensure all organisational financial requirements are met including planning, forecasting, internal budgeting, cash flow planning, procurement, coding, reporting and cost recovery.
- Line management responsibility for the Finance Officer, and the Finance Officers based internationally.
The Successful Applicant
- Able to demonstrate finance and accountancy experience. Qualified or part-qualified accountant an advantage.
- Experience of overseas development context gained preferably through working in the INGO sector
- Varied experience of project finance support in a development context
- Experience of institutional donor contract management preferable, especially DfID funding
- Proven track record in financial systems development and project management
- Confident provider of financial training to non finance staff
- Audit experience and knowledge of risk management an advantage
- Excellent numerical skills
- Expert user of Excel a requirement and experience of a computer based accounting system is desirable
- Strong attention to detail with a willingness to follow issues through to resolution
- Well organised with an appreciation of meeting multiple stakeholder requirements
- Ability to focus on agreed tasks and activities in the face of new and competing demands
- Continuous improvement mindset, seeking ways to improve processes and mitigate risk.
- Willingness to continuously develop skills and knowledge to remain current with grant and contract developments
What's on Offer