You are here
Centrally based enforcement organisation with national remit
Collaborative working culture in growing government department
About Our Client
Centrally based enforcement organisation with national remit, our client has recently transformed its finance function and is now looking for up and coming project accountant.
Collaborative working culture in growing government department.
The project accountant will report into the Financial Strategy Manager.
The Project Accountant supports:
- Project managers in developing financial aspects of business cases and ensuring that capital and revenue consequences are included in the medium term financial plan;
- managing and tracking the financials of confirmed and potential business to pass on to Business Partner team for forecasting purposes
- Develops an appropriate cost centre structure to support financial analysis and decision making;
- Provision of regular financial information to project managers to enable the effective tracking of project spend to date and future financial forecasts;
- Supporting project managers in the financial management of projects
The Successful Applicant
This role is ideal for a project accountant who has:
ACCA, CIPFA, ICAEW, ICAI, or ICAS or a European or International equivalent qualification necessary.
- Experience in a senior position within a finance function.
- An Understanding of financial reporting frameworks and budgeting framework
- Experience of financial reporting in a complex and/or geographically dispersed organization
- A Sound understanding and proven experience of delivering project accounting.
- A Track record of building strong relationships with a wide range of internal and external organisations, partners and stakeholders working together to deliver successful outcomes
- Experience of projects and capital accounting.
What's on Offer
£45000 per annum.
£250 per day.
Department: Finance and Procurement
-Nationally based law enforcement agency
-Recent government exposure preferable
-Operational working hours 45 hours a week
-Flexible working hours negotiable