You are here
Project Manager (Software, Systems, Infrastructure, IT)
- 12 month Fixed Term Contract in Greater Manchester
- Flexible working, generous holidays and a great place to work!
About Our Client
Our client is a leading organisation in their field with over 2,500 users spread across the UK. Due to a wider programme of change in the business, there are requirements for multiple Project Managers to join them on a Fixed Term basis.
Working as a Project Manager, you will be expected to manage and deliver IT technical projects through the E2E project lifecycle, within agreed time, budget and success criteria. The organisation is transforming the way they operate and they are investing in new IT systems and processes to enable the future success of the business. There is a varied portfolio of projects to deliver across software upgrades, new system implementation and infrastructure builds.
You will agree a clear scope and plan with key sponsors, including the criteria for tracking agreed time, cost and benefits. Throughout the project you will be expected to manage stakeholders, project resources and suppliers to deliver activities and requirements. You will establish and manage a detailed project budget and monitor risk and issue registers throughout.
The organisation does not have the support of a PMO and therefore you will be expected to manage project plans, tracking and reporting activities, using an agreed project methodology, documentation and tools, providing progress and status updates and ensuring that project documentation it completed to a high quality.
This is a great opportunity for those who like autonomy in their Project Manager roles and enjoy being focused on the delivery, rather than layers of governance and processes. You will work with a great team in a collaborative environment with the potential for future contract extensions.
The Successful Applicant
To be considered, you must demonstrate the following:
- Proven track record of IT project management delivery with demonstrable experience of delivering software and infrastructure projects (there is no requirement to be hands on technical, but you must have experience of delivering IT projects)
- You will have gained experience of working different sectors and industries, preferably with experience of working in customer focused environments.
- Experience of working in Housing, Property, Facilities Management, Local Authority or Health would be hugely beneficial
- Experience of managing budgets and cost benefit cases up to £1m (or less)
- Experience of leading and managing technical resources
- Knowledge of PRINCE2 methodologies (Agile PM would be beneficial)
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Excellent communication skills
What's on Offer
£44,924 per annum
- 25 days holiday with 4 additional days during the festive break
- flexible working environment
- pension scheme
- health cash plan