You are here
- Form part of the in-house product development team managing projects
- Planning all aspects of product development, implementation and product delive
About Our Client
Based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire my client currently employ circa 50 staff but are growing through a period of growth and due to this are looking to recruit a Project Manager to form part of the in-house product development team managing projects.
As the Project Manager you will report directly into the New Product Development Manager and will be responsible for all in-house product development & managing projects.
Main Duties and Tasks
- Form part of the in-house product development team managing projects.
- Planning all aspects of product development, implementation and product delivery to create a comprehensive schedule.
- Occasional management of on-going product improvements to existing products.
- Liaising and communicating with our manufactures and the team in China.
- Leading project meetings and ensuring timely delivery of all activities.
- Weekly reporting as well as design sign off meetings and gate sign off meetings.
The Successful Applicant
Skills, Experience and Competencies for the position of Project Manager based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire.
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience in a project planning and delivery role
- 3-5 years' experience in a project planning and delivery role
- Background in managing mechanical engineering projects with internal teams of engineers as well as liaising with 3rd party Far East suppliers
- Preferably from consumer product experience
- Proven understanding of product development process from concept through to production ready design
- Methodical approach with good attention to detail.
- Good team player able to work alongside design, engineering and marketing personnel.
- Good written and verbal skills, capable of presenting to others.
- Fluent with Microsoft Project
What's on Offer
Location / Department / Salary:
- Role is based in Sheffield
- Jobholder is a member of the New product development department.
- Jobholder may be required to travel periodically in UK, Europe, USA and China
- Salary £35,000 - £45,000.