You are here
- 12+ Month Fixed Term Contract for a Plastics Project Manager
- Plastic Extrusion Specialists on the South Coast
About Our Client
The business has grown through the acquisition of speciality plastics businesses within niche markets. The company is a manufacturing business, producing innovative and high quality technical plastic extrusions.
Products are manufactured for a global customer base, many of which are multi-national companies. The production environment is highly automated.
The business is going through a major phase of growth, which is expected to be sustained for the foreseeable future.
In order to support the growth plan, an experienced Project Manager is required to manage two key projects:
1 - OEE improvement.
2 - Factory expansion. The company will expand in two stages:
- A systematic approach must be developed for improving OEE before improvements can be made.
- If improvements are made to equipment and a better understanding of the process is achieved to create greater process stability.
Stage 1: preparing a small neighbouring unit and organising movement of equipment to enable build of two new mandrel extrusion lines increasing capacity by >25%
Stage 2: preparing the entire neighbouring unit for further expansion.
A highly-capable and motivated Project Manager is required, who will report directly to the Managing Director. The new role is intended to help the existing team meet necessary time lines (ultimately ensuring the business is able to provide reasonable lead times to customers who are located globally).
The Project Manager will work closely with the Managing Director and Production Director and red flag areas that may cause delays and provide suggestions for expediting the delivery of each project. The candidate is preferably an experienced Production Engineer (within the plastics industry), with project management experience. The candidate will ideally be able to not only project manage, but play an active part in contributing to the timely delivery of objectives for each project.
- Develop a systematic process for improving OEE
- Prepare project plans for both key projects (OEE improvement and capacity expansion)
- Engage all relevant team members to ensure goals are met and engage with suppliers/contractors to support the team meeting tasks within each project.
- Report on progress at each board meeting (held every two months)
The Successful Applicant
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Project management in a fast growing company;
- An engineer, who is familiar with a manufacturing environment (ideally plastics)
- Ability to multi-task efficiently and deliver to deadlines
What's on Offer
The business is keen to find the best candidate to make an immediate impact in the team. As such they are open to consider an Interim on a day rate or a candidate for a fixed term contract.
Rates and FTC Salary are highly competitive based on the location and current markets.