You are here
Project Support Officer
- Central Government Department
- Project Support Officer required
About Our Client
A Central Government department based in London requires a project support officer. As you will be dealing with very sensitive information. SC clearance is paramount therefore if contractors have ANY spent or unspent criminal convictions for any offence including all cautions and bindovers, but EXCLUDING minor traffic offences, they will not be eligible. The post for which they have applied is NOT protected by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974).
- To produce project documentation as defined by PM such as PIDs, risk registers, highlight and exception reports as directed by NCA project management framework;
- To support the writing of business cases in support of projects;
- To assist with the identification of projects benefits against agreed objectives and develop a benefits realisation plan;
- To calculate resource requirements for each project;
- To assist with the production of clear timetabled project plans;
- To record and manage project issues and escalate where necessary;
- To work with the Change Comms team to produce a communications strategy for each project;
- To work with change managers to help ensure the success of a project;
- To provide regular reports as directed by NCA Project Management Framework;
- To work closely with users and other stakeholders to ensure the project meets business needs;
The Successful Applicant
Proven track record of supporting projects to quality, to budget and on time;
Good problem solving skills;
Flexible and capable of working to deadlines;
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Previous experience of Project Management Support functions to include;
- Production of and on-going maintenance of Risk Register
- Project Management office experience
- Administrative functions, meeting planning, minute taking, Communications
- MS Office skills that include Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Project Planning
- Understanding of Project finances and budgetary control
- Understanding of and the ability to progress Project artefacts.
PRINCE 2 Practitioner;
Experience of Agile, Waterfall approaches;
Experience of using MS Project;
Knowledge of law enforcement.
Knowledge of the public sector and government.
What's on Offer
The successful project support officer will be paid approximately £100 per day (flexible dependant on experience) and expenses. The occasional overnight stay may be required across the country, which will also be expensed.