You are here
Property Accountant based in Central-West London
Growing company looking for service charge experience
About Our Client
My client is a high growth luxury property developer company in Central-West London. For over 40 years they have been investing and developing in property in Central London and also endeavoured on projects internationally. My client's ethos is to create exciting and interesting buildings and spaces and are looking for a Property Accountant to join their successful and growing team.
The role will business partner the Operations team, building effective working relationships for the property accounting of the portfolio. This will include accountability of managing all aspects of property accounting, and the timely completion of service charge accounting.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Timely and accurate preparation of quarterly and monthly rent demands
- All aspects of service charges including:
- Developing budget with Finance Director and / Key Operation Managers
- Issuing budgets and service charge demands
- Checking service orders
- Accurate accounting for service charge costs
- Preparation of quarterly service charge accounts and re-budgeting as required
- Business partner key Operations Directors / Managers for the portfolio, being the first point of call for operational finance matters.
- Complete month end for properties in the portfolio, working with the operations teams to accurately and completely account for all costs and income.
- Ensure internal and external queries are addressed and resolved promptly for the portfolio, attending tenant meetings where necessary.
- Involvement in corporate budgeting / re-forecasting process, ensuring service charge information reported accurately based on information available
- Improving day-to-day processes and controls for properties
- Performance of other ad hoc work as appropriate
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have the following experience and skill set:
- Qualified Accountant ACCA/ACA/CIMA
- Advanced user of QUBE property management and accounts system
- Good understanding of commercial property leases and service charge regimes, including RICS code and regime implementation
- Strong Excel skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to build relationships across the business and with clients
- Good interpersonal skills
What's on Offer
The package on offer for the successful candidate is:
- £50,000 - £55,000
- Based in Central-West London
- Opportunity to work in a growing luxury property business